More About Me
I Have All The Tools You Need To Design And Live Your One Amazing Life...Start NOW
Hi, I'm Shanna and I'm a life long learner, traveller, artist, wife, pet mother, daughter, and friend. I'm a true LIVE-ER of LIFE!
The way I see it, we get this one life and I have no intention of wasting any of it and I want to share this mission with you.
I'm currently studying "Causal Coaching" at The Life Coach School. Although I've been a certified Life Coach for a few years I think it's important to continue to learn and to grow, it's one or my core values. Causal Coaching is so important because it supports everything we may coach on, from weight loss to career goals.
Looking at what causes the results we have in our lives and knowing how to make adjustments is key to lasting change.
I received Health Coach training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in 2020, where I studied over 100 dietary theories and practical lifestyle coaching methods - Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied digitally with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City
- Walter Willet, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The Ultra Wellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University's Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, andPublic Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for the New York Times and best selling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, prevention, and life balance. Drawing on my expertise, I work with my clients to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
I became a Certified Professional Life Coach after studying at the World Coach Institute in 2019. At WCI I studied the International Coach Federation's Professional Coaching Core Competencies and Ethics. I received training in skills like powerful questioning, designing actions, planning, and goal setting as well as how to manage progress and accountability.
I have worked in Human Resources for more than twenty years and still LOVE my work. I get to work with people in a way that helps to bring out the best in them. I especially love this work because I am able to work with people in ALL areas of their lives, it's exactly why I have been drawn to coaching.
I studied Business at the University of Michigan and Interior Design at Baker College. I have always been a very curious person who wants to experience everything at least once! I live my life on-purpose and have intentionally cultivated my group of friends, my home environment, my experiences, and my wellness routines to fit me like a glove. Let us see what I can do to support you!